Ectomorph, Mesomorph and Mesomorph are the three somatotypes in which one’s body can be classified. An Ectomorph has a body type which can be differentiated from others on the basis of these characteristics:
- They have a very thin body structure.
- They have long but thin bones.
- Light weight.
- Very Low Body Mass Index.
- Not enough muscles.
- They have a fast metabolism.
- Difficulty in gaining mass.
- Very active.
- Low body fat.
- They gain negligible according to what they eat.
On the basis of their names, an ectomorph is a person who has difficulties in gaining weight no matter what ever they eat. They are very thin framed and low muscle mass and low body fat. This does not mean that they do not have any pros. There are many things that and ectomorph can do very easily when compared to other body types.
Now you do not only need to eat well, but some workout is absolutely required in order to gain weight. Now let’s understand what happens when you workout. When you are working out, then during rest your muscles need to repair the damage caused during the workout and grow in order to get used to the workout program you are going through. So this time whatever you eat your body will try to absorb the most of it because it needs to take more protein, fat and all the other essential nutrients. This will slowly make your body grow, but this process is going to take time and eventually in a week or two you will start seeing results. But remember to eat smartly, only the good food which is rich in nutrients that your body requires.
Some things you need to remember for your training part:
- Do weight training at least 4 times a week.
- Avoid much cardio, cardio for 10-20 mins is enough.
- Intake of healthy food rich in protein and healthy fat.
- Sleep well (6-8 hours a day), that is the only time when your muscles recover.
- Do not fall in the traps of protein shakes and supplements, because they won’t help you in the first 3-4 months.
- Eat small meals frequently, 6-7 times a day.
- Do not do over training at the gym.
- Make carbs your primary target to eat.
Follow these steps for at least 6-10 weeks and you will notice the results you had been looking for, just remember to stick to the diet and the workout session seriously.